Saturday, March 11, 2006

Spring is here

Spring is here I can tell not by looking at pretty flowers but by the fact that we have had 3 severe storms this week and a tornado near by last night. My kids spent the night at my parents last night and a 1/4 of mile from their house (at my aunt's house) a tornado hit. Luckily no one in the area was hurt but for the small area it hit there was lots of damage. Below are some photos. We spent the day there.

This is the tree that was blocking the road from my aunt's house to my parents house.

This is a neighbors house there used to be a deck all around that pool, now it is all over the patio and on the roof.

The maroon metal thing is a cattle feeder that now is on the back of my aunt's property.

This round metal used to be part of a rectangular roof of a trailer home several miles away.

The large tree was no match for mother nature.

There were lots more photos of sheds that no longer exist, hay bales that had been picked up and moved from one area of a pasture to another, barnes, we know of 3 people who have no roof on their home. One family across the street from my parents was having a slumber party with 10 teenagers last night and the roof fell in on the girls...thankfully no injuries. More storms expected tonight.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG how awful. I would have freaked out. That kind of stuff does not make a happy spring.