Wednesday, March 08, 2006

PTA and Dentists

No the two things have nothing in common except both things have invaded my life and tried to take it over the last two days.

I wasnt going to gripe about the current PTA chaos at our school. For one it is so hard to explain the other is that I read Heather's blog and she is thinking of joining a PTA so I didn't want to discourage her. But let me tell you if there is a more thankless position I dont know what it is. Ugh the teachers want want want which is fine but they dont want to participate unless it is to be negative and gripe about what you have done. Right now I just want to quit but if I do now about 22 parents will follow and I dont want to that plus there are so many projects to complete before the end of the year. I am trying to hang in there. It is so hard to be in this glass house so to speak and have people critique things that me and the other regular members have worked so hard on with no help. Like I said too hard to explain all that is going on but just believe me it is a mess right now. But I have hope (very very little but it is there...barely but it is) that things will improve.

Yesterday Braden had oral surgery. I would post a pic of his poor little swollen mouth but he just looks so pitiful. His past treatments and radiation have just ruined his teeth. He had to have 4 root canals and crowns put on. They couldnt just pull them because of where they are they would mess up his spacing. Luckily since he is doing so good and we dont foresee having to have radiation again his grown up teeth should be just fine. But he was home all day today with his puffy mouth and VERY swollen lip. The lip is my fault and believe me I feel awful he wanted McDonalds and I didn't think about his mouth still being numb and he chewed on his lip...oops. He is happy he gets to miss school and I did enjoy the cuddling on the couch.

3 comments:

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

poor poor baby. I hope he feels better and we will pray that the radiation is over.

do not worry I am still thinking about joining the pta with my SIL. you make me want to get more involved to help people like you who disevere it andmake some new adult friends.

kel said...

I have to say I have made strong friendships through PTA the moms that help all the time we have got really close. And it is for a good cause and I love doing things that affect the kids positively.

Unknown said...

Poor bud, hope he feels better.

On the PTA thing I think it really depends on the school and the teachers in terms of what kind of Mess you get into. yours sounds like a mess. Ours is called TESO not pta don't know why don't care I guess. lol The parents seem to really work together and support each other in it though so that's all that really matters. Wish they did that for you.