Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Fashion Clash

I anticipated when Brittney got older we would clash over what she would want to wear.

I didn't anticipate it starting at 8.

I think I have yelled every morning for 2 weeks. One issue is of course she is ready for summer and the weather isn't quite there yet. This morning it is 44 degrees and I go in (she got up early) and she is in a turqouise and yellow Bobby Jack T (I am fine with that) but she pairs this with a hot pink mini and knee high black boots. Okay no she is not wearing that.

After I tell her no skirt, no boots, change into jeans I get one of the following:

"Mom, you dont know about fashion"
"Mom everyone else gets to wear flip flops even if it is cold"
"Mom I am old enough to do my own clothes"

Ugh, I was not expecting to pull my hair out over arguing over clothes already. She definetly is going to have her own sense of style which I will encourage....to a point.

So now my poor little girl is being forced to look normal to go to school and apparently normal is the worse thing I can do to her.

2 comments:

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

I am also having those probs with emmy but you have to be able to tell them when it is to much or we will all end up on murrey! :)

It IS good for her to have her own uniqueness and her own spirt just not when it is 44 degrees outside.LOL

I think you might be headed for a long teenage time. I am dreading as well good luck!

But hey pat her on her back for trying though right!:)

She is so cute I love to read about her! I helps me to prepare for what I am in for in the next 3 years.

Unknown said...

hahahaha I go through that now at 7 ugh. Kaylie wants to wear a skirt. Shorts underneath, no,yesno yes no yes or no skirt lol.