Sunday, March 05, 2006

Changing Plans

We have been planning our Disney trip for a year now. Well we find out late Saturday night that the week we are planning on being there is the National Gay Day week. Before I am flamed I have nothing personally against it but from all I have read and seen on TV that is not the week to take your family to Disney. I even read a blog by an openly gay man saying he felt sorry for all the unsuspecting families that plan and save money and then get there during that week. He said a lot go overboard to shove the lifestyle in straight people's faces by drag queens making out in front of Cinderellas castle and so on. Not something I want to have to explain to the kids.

So because of the above we started jumping through hoops to get everything changed. We have had dining reservations since the first of December so we were afraid we would not be able to change everything. But glad to report that everything has now been changed including our Discovery Cove (swim with Dolphins), the Disney resort, the preDisney beach hotel, all the dining reservations.

The downside is the kids will miss the last 6 days of school, but I dont think it will be that big of deal since because of Braden's medical issues last year they missed the last three weeks. The bad thing is once again Brittney will miss the end of the year award ceremony she has made superintendents honor roll two years now and never been there to accept the award in person. Given the choice though she was all for Disney. We could have pushed the trip back two weeks but that would have cost a little more because one of our discounts expired on June 3 and then we would have also been in an even busier time and hotter time. Now we are going two weeks early which means even more reason to get my rear in gear and get stuff done. Also have to have hubby change my countdown calendar at the bottom of my blog.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Kelli, I'm so glad that you could get your plans changed!! We are hoping to go to Disney in the next couple of years and that was my hubby's first request. Please make sure it's not during gay week. Do you know if it's the same week every year? Where are you guys staying? Have you been before? This will be our first trip!

owlhaven said...

Kel, You won the Golden Keyboard Award over at my place! Email me for the code if you'd like to put the award in your sidebar. owlhaven at aol dot com

Thanks for your thoughtful post.

Mary

Unknown said...

glad you got things changed. I think your post was well worded. I saw no offense. To each his own I say but the part I don't like is when something is shoved in my face