Wednesday, March 22, 2006

PTA drama

The PTA drama is almost over. The 25th of April will be my last meeting as president. At first I was mad, then my feelings were hurt but now I am to the relieved point. I still plan to be a member next year but I will no longer be in a position on the board. The drama started in January wherein teachers became involved because they got mad over an issue and went from not attending a single meeting in a year and half to being mad and wanting no parents in PTA. The teachers have been very childish about everything and have basically made all the parents just want to leave PTA. So basically the parents are turning it over to the teachers if they want to run it we are going to let them. Of course the parents are the ones who volunteer for everything and help run the programs so it should be interesting next year to sit back and watch.

But I cant go with nothing to do...LOL...so I am going to start a brownie troop. I have actually wanted to do this for two years but with Braden medical issues and PTA presidency it was just too much and I couldn't get involved. Now that PTA will be a lot less stress as I will just be a member and Braden's medical is at it's steadiest point ever. I am excited I love crafts, I love doing stuff with Britt and her friends most of the parents are good friends of mine so they will be very involved as well.

Now to get everything tied up before April 25th including planning a talent show, finishing the year book, ordering end of the year trophies and more.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummmmm Isn't PTA ParentTeacher Association or something

The teachers not wanting the parents there. OMG I thought that's what it was all about to get the parents involved. lol What will it be called now the TA lol

kel said...

One of the teachers actually stood up for us against the other teachers telling them it wasnt a TEACHER ASSOCIATION. I was glad at least someone stood up for us.

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

I think I might be second guessing the PTA.LOL

I think you will love the Brownie troop thing. Emmy loves going every week and You have lots of good Ideas so go for it adn enjoy enjpy enjoy

I look forward to hereing all about it.