Monday, February 20, 2006

Where did my superhuman abilities go?

Okay it is like I told Matt I want to recover from this abdominal hysterectomy so fast. I want to be the one people say wow too bad you cant do as good as Kel did. That is just my personality I am competitive even with surgery recovery...lol.

But darn it seems that my body doesnt know it is suppose to have superhuman healing abiltiies.

Today is day 10 since surgery and all in all I am doing great. I called the nurse and tried to talk her into letting me drive this week because I had big plans on starting back at the office and going shopping. The nurse said NO WAY she said NO DRIVING at all until this Friday at the earliest. I also had dreams that I would be released to excercise at the gym, and do everything else after my March 1st appt now. I am thinking they will not release me for that until the 6 week mark. Which puts me behind on getting in shape for summer. I researched websites trying to find someone to agree with me that 2 weeks is plently of healing time but couldn't find one to agree with me so I had no leverage to beg hubby with.

Hubby was off today and I thought we would do something with the kids. Afterall I wouldn't be driving and I am doing SO good I could make it out as long as I needed too. I made it through lunch at Olive Garden and one stop at a shoe store that is going out of business until the burning in my stomach and the pain was too much. I had to give my purchase to Matt to pay out while I went to the van. I then came home took a pain pill and crashed.

So I am now working on my abbreviated not quite so jam packed week. I do have a doctor appt with my family doctor tommorow that I had forgotten about so dear hubby will have to drive me to that. I hate admitting there is stuff I cant do. Just my personality but I think today did show me I am not ready for a normal day of driving all over running in here and there going to the office and all quite yet....but surely by next week I will be ;)....and no I am not stubborn at all.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm maybe the doctors and nurses telling you to REST know what they are talkin about after all. Now STOP it and behave yourself and do what you are told young lady. lol No I don't listen to my doctor but we aren't talking about me we are talking about you. lol I guess having stuff to do and being able to do them yet not wanting to do them is so much different than having stuff to do and not being able to do them. I would love to have a six week break but I would no doubt be like you wanting to get it done anyway.