Sunday, February 19, 2006

Picking a Political party already?

My dear hubby is a very conservative Republican. Him and I don't see exactly eye to eye on everything political but we have a lot of similiar running ideas.

So there is real no big political war in our house....until tonight.

You see sweet little 8 year old Britt informed her very Republican daddy that she was for Peace and she was going to be a Democrat and a Vegitarian.

Lots of little things contributed to it and no way would I have thought it would have all been put together in her mind the way she finally put it together.

She was doing a foam craft that included a peace sign. She started talking to me that she didn't believe in war. So I jokingly said you are going to be a Democrat and wont your daddy love that. Well add to this on animal planet a show about enviroment and then some political stuff she had picked up at school and from TV here and there. She put it altogether and then went to inform her daddy what she was going to be a Democrat and a Vegitarian.

It was hilarious I cant put it all down as funny as it was but dear hubby did not take it well and as anyone knows with a kid you are not going to win an argument. The more he tried to on her level explain the more she waved her peace sign that she had made out of foam and got more and more determined no matter what she was definetly going to be a Demorcrat no matter what daddy says!

I guess he has 10 years to change her mind about what party she will join!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

All I can say is, my daughter will not be a liberal democrat. I will purge her of the brainwash and teach her logical thinking. Liberals can't stand on logic, only on emotional debate. They are unhinged at best.

Realistically, I was a bit taken back, wondering where the hell did this come from? It was interesting she acquired the concept but didn't quite understand the why.

If she or my son actually knew why they stood for something as opposed to just because, I wouldn't mind it so much. I just get a bit nervous when they become mouthpieces rather than thinkers.

But hell, she's just 8.

Brighton said...

Democrat or Republican, the important thing is that she thinks for HERSELF!! Tell Dad to relax : )

Unknown said...

I'm an independent so I can go either way. At least Brittney is developing into her own person with her own views on things. That's the good thing.

Unknown said...

TOTALLY UNRELATED

Someone's been working on her blog lol. I like the word graphics and the greys blinkie obviously lol Lookin good Kel

Unknown said...

OK ladies. I am totally for her to have her own views and ideology.

Do I really want her to be a liberal democrat? No freaking way.

What I was trying to convey, simply is, I don't want her to be a vegetarian, gun restricing, peace loving hippie, because some TV personalities say so.

I just want her to be able to stand on those principles and beliefs, not a cork in a ocean being pushed by the waves.

kel said...

Off topic...hubby is working on my blog page for me I know nothing about it.

On this topic. I am more liberal on some issues than Matt is but I agree with him that I dont want her hearing something from one source and taking it for the word. I want her to research and make her own opinion and not be a mouthpiece for someone eles's ideas and not know why she is saying something. Really though I just thought it was hilarious that she was giving Matt a hard time about it!

Unknown said...

lol Well then Matt the blog is lookin nice lol. Here I thought Kelli was resting and working on her blog lol.

Kelli, at least Matt and Brit will have some interesting conversations in the future won't they lol.