Sunday, February 05, 2006

I don't have it bad at all

Last night was girls night out. About 8 of us moms do this about every 2 to 3 months. It consists of Logan's Steakhouse for dinner. Last night was a little wilder than usual as we added in a trip to Books A Million and WalMart following dinner.

The lead up to girls night out in my house was no big deal. I mentioned it to dear hubby and he started planning a fun in home night for him and the kids with movie, games and snacks. Nothing to it.

Earlier in the day we saw some friends of ours and the wife was getting a major guilt trip from her hubby about him having to watch the kids. I get to dinner and all except one starts with horror stories about how their hubby wouldn't watch the kids. How they had to get their parents to do it because hubby said wasn't his responsibility. How they had to promise this or do this to get him to do it. I just don't get it.

Now hubby isn't perfect (I cant brag on him too much) and we have our moments but all in all we get along great, he is supportive, he helps a ton around the house. I am lucky.

At times I tend to forget how lucky and may take the situation and him for granted but girls night out tends to remind me of how lucky I am.

Dinner always consists of awful husband stories which I always only half listen to because I figure there are two sides and it is probably somewhere in the middle of how it is being told. Needless to say there are always horrors of hubby's that wouldnt dare do housework, watch the kids, or go hunting for a week by themselves but wont watch the kids for three hours.


So thanks hubby for being wonderful. I am sure I will test his patience in the next few weeks after my surgery as I can be a tad cranky during good times much less when I am in pain and feeling frustrated.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the compliments honey!
Now about that one husband who received a little hanky panky, hmmm. : )

Jody said...

Aww so sweet Kel! My hubby will stay at home and be with the kids when I go out and do things too. He even stays home while I go to the laundromat and do laundry (I know gasp right? LOL) My hubby doen't help around the house too much LOL. Once in a while he does but not always but he does work midnights LOL. It's good be be a lucky woman isn't it? LOL

Unknown said...

I can't get past the one that said the kids weren't his responsibility to watch. WTF?! Was he not there when they were created or something. Sheesh if hubs said something like that he would not be alive. lol

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

I to am lucky with my honey He is sending me to Washington for three days and he is staying with the kids. It was his Idea he says I work hard and I need a break I love him so much he also allows the ladies night out about once a month and he plays poker about 2 times a month so we totally work together we are deffenatly some of the lucky ones huh?