Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Language Barrier

Apparently there is a language barrier between me and my kids. It occurs most often in early morning and most always when there is somewhere we need to be.

Why is this?

I say "Come on guys we have to leave in 15 minutes" they hear "Go ahead sit there and play with your food, and fiddle with the tablecloth".

Of course if I have nothing to do and we can stay home then they are up and dressing themselves without being asked, eating and so on. So this language barrier only pops up when I have something I have to get out of the house to go do.

I think it is a conspiracy.

3 comments:

m-dub said...

I believe you are on to something.
I think you should notify the FBI, the CIA, and the Salvation Army to see if they are aware of any other cases of the same nature.

Jody said...

I believe it's called selective hearing LOL. My kids do the same thing and only do things when they feel like it LOL. When you find the cure let me know ok? LOL

Unknown said...

Lol Kel, they speak english but they don't understand it lol I go through this with my kids, more kaylie than keith though