Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday - A fun border for preteen/teen girls bedroom

Works for Me Wednesday at Shannons

When I redid Britt's room she didn't want a little girl's room. She loves bright colors. I painted each wall a different color, but I wanted a border, problem was that all the borders I looked at locked in a scheme too much and I wanted something that could be easily changed out with different comforters, etc.

What I did was go to Hobby Lobby and get stick on jewels used for decorations, sweatshirts they come in different shapes and sizes, I took the large round ones bought 4 packages (less than $8.00 for all 4 packages) took some tacky glue and made a random pattern all over the top part of Britt's room. They stay on and don't come off but can be popped off pretty easily to repaint and change out. Quick easy and fun.





9 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

cool! good idea for girls.

Unknown said...

That's neat. I like that puzzle thing to put stuff on too.

Mrs. Cowan said...

What a great idea! I'm preparing my first nursery in a rented apartment. This is a great idea that can "move with us" without leaving behind our damage deposit. :-)

Kristin said...

WHAT a clever idea!! I love it!

The Estrogen Files said...

Great idea! My girls would love this and on the next room renovation, we'll probably use this idea. Thanks!

Kelley said...

I love this idea too! My neighbors used the jewels when they painted the wall with their fireplace in a diamond pattern. There are jewels in coordinating colors at each point/color intersection. Hard to describe, but incredibly beautiful.

Ms. Kathleen said...

I love this idea...how cute!

Heather said...

This is a great idea. I have glow-in-the-dark stars and space ships all around my son's room.

My Trendy Tykes said...

What a neat idea!

Linda