Saturday, April 14, 2007

Family Conference

Yesterday afternoon we all headed to Bartlesville Oklahoma for a Family conference held at a large church there. The conference was not that large which made it very nice as you got to talk more one on one with people. The speakers were Dennis Swanberg whom I was not familiar with and Lisa Whelchel who I was so familiar with because I have seen every episode of Facts of Life! Also she is a homeschool mom and I have read a lot on her site since beginning homeschool.

The conference was wonderful, Mr. Swanberg was a funny guy who had a good message. Lisa Whelchel has written many books, on correction, homeschool, etc., she was an inspirational and practical speaker. I loved listening to her.

I had to have a pic taken of me with Lisa Whelchel (who I can't help but still think of as Blair from Facts of Life).

All in all the conference was great, I got a lot of practical child tips, that I plan on implementing and trying out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you smoozing with the stars lol. Glad you had a good time.

Brighton said...

Love her! Where is Tootie?

BarnGoddess said...

what a good photo!

B-ville my shopping mecca.