Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Works for me Wednesday

Math treasure hunt

I have two kids on different levels of math and this is how I make a fun and educational treasure hunt.

I take 3 x 5 cards (green are for Brae) and (orange are for Brit).
Example of one for Brae
9 + 3 =
a) 11 - look behind the pear tree
b) 6 - look under the slide
c) 12 - look under the green bench

so the kids would go look under the green bench where I would place probably an orange card so Brit could answer this one and then they would be off to the next card and so on and so on until they get to the treasure. The treasure could be as simple as a snack, a fun project to do together, or a special treat.

They love this! It can be done indoors, outdoors and with verying ages to make it easier or more difficult.

Check out more at Shannon's

4 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

That is definately making math FUN :)

great idea

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

This is a great idea!

Rae said...

This idea is brilliant. I have to keep this one in mind, I'm printing this tip off right now! Thanks so much for sharing =)

Unknown said...

Yeah cool idea, I might have to try that with Kaylie she needs so much practice with her math, she does good but apparently not in two minutes. grrrr another story in itself lol