Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Spider Bite

I am trying to convince Braden that he now has a cool Halloween story.

Because of the worry I updated about below Braden and I were waiting at the doctors office at 8am.

Dr said it was a good thing that I had brought him in. He immediately ran an Xray not to see if anything was broken but to look for infection in the bone.

It seems sometime during the early morning hours a spider bit him. 3 prescriptions later we are home. We have strict instructions to follow in case it was a brown recluse spider, we should know that by the end of the day, but in the mean time hopefully just a plain old spider that he happened to be severely allergic too.

I told him it is cool to be bitten by a spider on Halloween. His response "Mommmmmmmm it is not cool".

He is such a trooper through everything.

Now I have to call Austin docs and see what this does to surgery shedule for next week and treatment plans that were in place.

Ugh...no sleep since 12:30 am, a trip to the doc, meds...I think I need a nap, but it must wait until after the little homeschool gathering we are having at our house in about 10 minutes! Of course then choir practice, halloween fun, ugh.

Braden does not think it is funny when I say now he could be spiderman for Halloween!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope it wasn't a recluse spider and hope it gets better. hope it doesn't set back any plans for austin either.

Unknown said...

Happy Halloween!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

Oh No!!

I hope it wasnt a fiddleback that bit him.......probably not.

in any case, I am thinking about you guys...

Melissa said...

I couldn't help but laugh at the spiderman comment :-) Poor Brae, he's such a tough little man...you can count on my prayers!

Melissa