Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tough!

Okay this was the toughest 5K yet.
Hills! At the bottom of one it had a sign to caution trucks for load shifting...it was that steep.
I did finish toward the back but it was my personal best time. 6 minutes shorter than Tulsa (which was basically flat). I believe the official time was 38min08sec for today.
It was kinda funny you couldn't see around this one corner and it was just past the 2 mile mark and I turned that corner and the hill I mention above was there. I didn't even think about it and I said out loud "Oh crap you have to be kidding me"...and I hear a lady behind me say "Now I don't know if I want to turn that corner". Well she did and said "Honey I echo those sentiments"..lol..and she started walking.
So I didn't finish as well as I wanted to but I did good for me and it was a tough one.
Hubby snapped a few pics, it was cold at first this morning but I had my best supporters out there!


5 comments:

Kim said...

You go girl. Run for all of us!!!

The Woman said...

You go girl!!! More than I have done all week lol

Jody said...

You Go Girl!! You should be so proud of yourself :).

zoeygirl@blogspot.com said...

Way to go Kel! I'm glad I'm not the only one with knee supports! We will pay for it when we are older! Tell Matt got my MCCain-Palin tshirts!

stacey said...

good job!! you look marvelous btw!