Thursday, February 21, 2008

Science Fair

Today was the home school science fair. This was our first year to participate. The kids both enjoyed it. Brit placed 2nd in her age group and Brae 3rd in his. Which I thought was great especially with it being our first year. Next year we know more what to expect.

We had coop classes this afternoon, but Brae and I had used all our strength up. We had to come on home. Britt stayed with a friend so she wouldn't miss class. Brae is doing better but he was completely worn out when we got home and his cough is still pretty bad. Me I am just so tired, but I think we are all on the mend. The doctors office did call on Brae and he will have to have a repeat chest xray in 2 weeks just to make sure his lungs are clear again.

Below are the kids pics by their science projects. Brit experimented finding out what way gives you the best popped microwave popcorn, she froze bags, refrigerated, and room temp stored, the verdict was the most popped kernels were in the room temp. Brae used vinegar and baking soda to blow up a balloon.

5 comments:

CFC Flames '04 said...

How fun! Glad you guys had such a good time. I have thought about doing something like this with my boys sometime.
Rest up now. :)

Unknown said...

awesome lol

Stephanie said...

Congrats to both of the kids!

Jody said...

I hope you both feel better soon and too cool about the science projects. I bet they were very proud of themselves as well as you were for them!

Shane H. said...

Congrats to both of them! How creative. Way to go!! :)