Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentine Cupcakes

Pics of mini cupcakes I made for a Valentines Party tomorrow. They were a little tedious to make but I think they turned out cute. Used fruit by the foot to make the roses.


Basically all you do is take fruit by the foot, the red ones, they have some that are already wavy or you can cut them with your scissors in half long ways making a wavy pattern. Then you have to roll them up. The easiest way was to take a straw and start wrapping it, then fold the petals back and place it on the mini cupcake, I cut up some green stacker fruit roll ups for the leaves. It was tedious but not hard.

Melanie has lots of tips on her site as she is hosting Works for Me Wednesday.

8 comments:

Jody said...

WOW those are great!! Now can I hire you? LOL. We have a Valentines day party tomorrow too but I am brining Juice see how creative I am? LOL!!

Stephanie said...

Ok..when are you going to open your own bakery!! I can't wait to see them tomorrow.

Unknown said...

wow those are pretty, tell me again why you aren't a caterer

BarnGoddess said...

oh my gosh, those are beautiful cupcakes!

Family O'Foxes said...

those are so cute.
~Amy

GiBee said...

Very cute! And creative! Yummy...

Shane H. said...

Too cute to eat that's for sure!

Nikki said...

What a great idea! Maybe for next year though. It's already almost 9 p.m. here-- not enough time to get to the store and buy fruit roll-ups.