Wednesday, January 24, 2007

this number has been disconnected...

Yesterday one of my friend calls my cell phone yesterday and asks why is your home phone disconnected. I was like what. Sure enough. Okay no clue why. I call find out if it is an outage or what the deal is.

The informed me I hadn't paid my bill. Oh yes I did, no you didn't. Okay instead of arguing like a two year old I pulled up my banking online. I asked the lady is this the amount and she said yes. I said I paid it on this date. She said no you didn't.

Well yes it did and I have the bank receipt right here as well as my printable receipt from the phone company. So I finally wrangle a name and fax number out of them, they didn't want to give it to me they just wanted me to pay over the phone with a check. No I had proof and so I fax it to them.

No call back, no call back, but about an hour later the phone is back on.

So I call and stay on the phone about 30 minutes to find who I was speaking to before. I say yes I wanted to verify that everything was taken care of. She said well isn't the phone is back on. I said yes so you do have the bill credited now, and it was paid on time. She said yes it was paid on time.

Ugh no sorry about taking half your morning up to show us our mistake.

I didn't need this for the week. Hubby is on business, activities are in abundance, my freelance work load is out of control, but yes I get to spend two hours proving I paid a bill so that I can have my phone back...UGH!

4 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

oh yeah, arent they such nice people to deal with? I think they hire these people just to argue.

Not even an apology. just rudeness.

jerks!

2 years ago I went thru something similar w/ the electric co. We always pay our bill on time/in full w/ a check by mail. Whoever entered our payment entered $12 instead of $122. When I sent them a copy of the cashed check, they credited my accounted but it said the missing 100 was paid late.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

"Thank you." It's so very easy to say, takes no time at all, but yet so many people refuse to do it. I would email someone in authority and let them know how you were treated. Really, I'm sure that person's superior would like to know. Best wishes for the rest of the day.

Anonymous said...

I will deal with them, when I get back.

They were to make some changes as well.

Unknown said...

all that crap and they didn't apologize. I would have been po'd to say the least. They shut you off for one bill missed? Wow they are strict there. Here they give you til a certain amount I think but who knows. lol I think companies make up the rules as they go along