Saturday, January 06, 2007

Game time

Today was the first basketball games for the kids. The next several Saturdays will involve a hot sweaty gym for hours at a time. I coach Britt's team (2nd-3rd) and one for Brae (K-1st).

I have to say this year start off games went much better than last year.

Britt's team didn't win but they did very good and held their own until the end. Britt is getting to be really good and agressive. Brae's team had two back to back games. First one they one 14 to 13 and the second we got clobbered 24 to 4.

I had several comment on how much Braden had improved. Last year he couldn't even hit the net he actually made points this time.

I didn't get any pics from today because I was too busy coaching but my aunt did snap this one that I loved because you can see the ball Braden just shot for his free throw going into the basket.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

that's great. I wish Kaylie would take it up. She's gonna have the height for it lol

Melissa said...

Cool, I didn't know you coached! Awesome job, Coach Kelli!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Yeah for b-ball! My boys started Upward Basketball today too. Bright and early at 8:00 a.m.

Anonymous said...

oh how cool you coach! Glad they are doing so well this year!! You must be a great coach!!

kel said...

OH belileve me I am not a great coach, unless you just really are for the fun and maybe a little lesson....the competitivness is not there for me with the kids, I really just want them to play. I am also not some great expert, even though I can make the shot most of the time which awes my K-1st team...LOL, the 2-3rd some of them could probably outshoot me. Some parents want me to practice 2 or 3 times a week plus games on Saturday, but now that games are started we only practice once a week and that is plenty.

Unknown said...

That's the best kind of coach to be. I think kids should play to have fun and not to win all the time. Yeah that's a plus but its not a must you know.