Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Limited Access

Still not with complete internet. It is such a pain. Had insomnia at 1 am last night and it killed me not to be able to get up and do a little computing until I got tired.

Poor hubby is back at the coffee shop getting some work done. I have spent an hour on the phone with the troubleshooters at cox. At least now we have determined that something with their new configuration has made the wireless routers not work.

Good thing is I have gotten more housecleaning done this morning, of course that was before we discovered that I could get some service by direct plugging into stationary pc. But hubby will soon be home to work on the internet problem and since I cant log in from laptop that means I can get more housework done.

4 comments:

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

a clean house is a sure sign of a broken computer.LOL!

Jody said...

well you would know my computer is working because my house is a mess LOL want to come do my house? Oh wait I have internet so that would distract you and defeat the purpose huh? LOL I hope you get it back soon and I am tagging you LOL.

Unknown said...

So what will they do give you a new router that works with their updated system. If not that's gonna suck I mean if they upgrade they should take customers along with them and not leave them behind just cause something isn't clicking.

Unknown said...

Basically they did some type of conversion on their servers. This took longer than expected and had effected many users, not allowing them to have internet access. It shows on their end it's connecting and it shows on the users end we have connection, but no traffic is coming through.

The engineers are working on the backbone and their servers. It's not the cable modem, nor the users routers (Kel can still print from her pc using the wireless router within the home).

It's totally on Cox end.