Monday, January 30, 2006

Good Cop Bad Cop

I have decided from now till the kids turn 30 hubby gets to be the bad cop. I ALWAYS WANT TO BE THE GOOD COP.

Just about killed me tonight we had to discipline Braden. We do the normal things of course getting onto them and the quit fighting with your sister, pick up this or that. But basically both kids are pretty good and we don't have to do many major things.

Today however Braden brought home his work folder. It was so obvious he had just slopped his way through it. He could care less. Well we had to make an impression on him. So we decided to take his movie away before bed.

This doesn't sound like a bad thing but it was like we were cutting off his arm. It was THAT BAD. I tried to cave but hubby wouldn't let me. Then Braden decided to throw a tantrum and I knew there was no way I could be good cop and let him have another chance.

So my little boy was so upset and it just about killed me but no movie before bed and he eventually fell asleep. He even apologized for throwing a fit and yelling at me. Just broke my heart. But like hubby said maybe since it was so hard on him he will remember it and work harder at school....I hope so if not hubby gets to do all the disciple and I get to do all the hugs and rewards...I think that sounds fair.

And I mean really look at this face...feel my pain how hard it was to have this face doing the lip puckering, puppy eyes, crying, it isnt fair and I just love you mommy face at me.....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelli I know you feel bad I always do too but they have to realize that they are the kids and we are the adults not the other way around, what we say goes not what they say.