Friday, January 06, 2006

Insomnia

I dont know how many posts I have written related to insomnia but I am sick of having it.

I have tried everything from prescriptions to herbal medicines to bedtime rituals (that isn't as kinky as it sounds) and still here I am at 2:41 am.

I know tonight I have a little more on my mind than normal which is a lot. Normally it is just mostly things with Braden and so on.

Tonight not so a friend of mine came to me last night with news that her father had been shot and killed by her stepmom. I am not close friends with her but she I think a lot about her and I had met her father a few times. It is just such a senseless act that robbed 5 kids of a grandfather and leaves a 15 year old without any parents. My friend will now be raising her sister as their mother died of cancer over 10 years ago.

I know I think about too much I worry about people I have never met, I worry about Savannah (whose page is on my side bar) I click everyday to find out how she is. I have given what I could to the family before. She is very sick now and I find myself at 2am worrying about her.

So I guess if I had a shut off valve for my thoughts I would be sleeping soundly.

Of course this strepthroat that I have been battling since day after Thanksgiving is not helping my sleeping either. One of the new meds raises my blood pressure. So nice to wake up at 1am with a splitting headache.

I have taken 2 Melatonin which should kick in soon and at least let me catch a few hours of sleep before I get up at 6am.

Ugh Insomnia...I wish this would be my last post related to not being able to sleep but I am not counting on it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish it was too, honey.

Unknown said...

Me too, that has to suck I usually get it when I am sick but to have it all the time. Once you read about someone on their blog you are involved and its hard not to worry when you know one is so sick. Isn't it called compassion.Its a great thing to have.

Jody said...

Wow I am so sorry to hear about your friends father. Hubby and I had to take in his 3 teen brothers (at the time now adults) for about a year because of somethings that happened so I know how hard that can be. I will keep her in my prayers.
As for the insomnia I wish it was your last post of that too but I know what that's like to. Even when I do sleep I don't think I sleep well and always tired no matter what time I go to bed. As if I never went to sleep. I am like you always thinking of something. ((((HUGS))))

manababies said...

Wow that is really sad :(

I have bouts of insomnia at times too. Maybe it's something that we moms have because we worry about everyone? I have gotten into the habit of just going to bed when I'm tired... no watching the news or reading because doing any of that makes my mind race. Then, of course, I wonder if the kids are okay or if I locked the front door and so on and so forth. :)