Friday, January 13, 2006

Eleven at least

Brittney doesn't look 8 I realize this. She is tall for her age and also acts older. I am told by everyone.

She is starting to think about fashion. When kiddos got in from school I informed them we were going to go out for dinner and to the mall. Brittney was like oh no "I have to change clothes these have school grime on them"...so she changed into one of her new Christmas outfits fixed her hair and even applied some of her lip tinted gloss. Off we went...

Checking out at Claire's at the mall talking to the clerk. Brittney had picked up 10 things for $5 off the sidewalk sale and is going on and on and the clerk comments about Brittney talking about Jesse McCartney (there was a poster there). I am like yes I know she is boy crazy and only 8. The lady is astonished and says no way she definetly looks 11. She looks at least like an average 11 year old.

Brittney BEAMS from this comment.

We get into the mall walking to meet up with hubby and Braden when she says "Mom if the clerk thinks I am 11 then boys probably do to so if you see an older boy checking me out let me know".....OH YEAH I AM SO GOING TO DO THAT....NO WAY...She is MUCH to young for this and I can currently brag that I have no gray hair but I have a feeling between my children that will SOON change.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Ugh I am so not ready for those years yet and I have boy's LOL. My 4 year old is already a big flirt. He hasn't met a person yet he doesn't like and I am so afraid what he is going to be like when he is older LOL. Well there is always hair dye of those grey hairs when you get them LOL.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, see what you have to look forward to a year before I do. lol Write stuff down so I know how to handle it lol. Can't you make up a story about how boys have cuties or something lol.