Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Crazy to Gross

I am filling in for a friend at the law office this morning answering phones.

It must be a full moon because it is crazy.

1st call

Me: Law Office
Idiot: I need to hire a lawyer
Me: Okay, can you tell me what for?
Idiot: I want to sue WalMart
Me: And, what did they do?
Idiot: They robbed me
Me: (rolling eyes) How did they do that sir?
Idiot: The clearance tag said $3.00 and they charged me $5.00
Me: And, sir did you bring this to their attention?
Idiot: No it is their responsibility.
Me: So let me get the facts, you want to sue them for the $2.00
Idiot: No that would be stupid (me silently agreeing but then he continues...)
I want to sue them for mental anguish.
Me: Well sir, let me explain that to have a lawsuit you would have to have an extensive amount of damages and I dont believe that we would be able to handle this.
Idiot: Well I will find someone and when I sue them and win a million dollars you will be sorry. (HANGS UP)

Caller No. 2
Me: Law Office
Gross: I need an attorney I think I am about to be arrested.
Me: Yes maam, what do you believe you will be arrested for.
Gross: My boyfriends mom just caught us having sex in his bedroom.
Me: How old is your boyfriend?
Gross: 13
Me: And maam, how old are you?
Gross: 39
Me: (mentally gagging) Let me get the facts, the mother caught you having sex?
Gross: Yes
Me: You were in her home?
Gross: Yes I live there too.
Me: (Getting confused) So it is your home too?
Gross: No it is kinda complicated but I love him and we are going to get married.
Me: Okay you live there as a guest?
Gross: No I am the nanny
Me: (Gagging) So there are more kids in the home?
Gross: Yes the other boys are 9 and 5 but I am not in love with those boys because that would be insane.

So that is the two highlight calls of my morning.Phone is currently ringing so I may be back, or I may just strangle myself with the phone cord.

2 comments:

Jody said...

UGH what a day you are having!! That last call is just aweful!! I probably would have gagged right no the phone with her. The other guy was just plain dumb LOL.

Unknown said...

I tagged you on my blog. lol Oh and Callwave internet answering machine didn't cancel our account in october like we told them to so we got charged for nov and dec at 3.95 each. Can I sue? LMAO