Sunday, June 01, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Storms and camping are not fun. We left a little early this morning. Glad we did as storms got worse. I did do my 3 miles this morning at the campgrounds it was nice but a lot more hills than my little neighborhood. Also here I do laps as I have measured off how long for a mile, well there I went to one point and then back I realize I like having shorter more measurable points on my run.

Brae had a little bit of a melt down which was the reason we ended up leaving a little early. I am coming up with better ways to deal with things. I had a little conflict with my mother on how we handled it but they are just going to have to understand sometimes issues with Brae have to be handled different.

Going to be a busy upcoming week as friends are in from Texas. So busy but fun as her kids are same ages as mine. Her daughter has health issues as well so it is always nice to talk too. She also does the gluten free diet which we are pursuing with Brae so it will be nice to have her to bounce things off of.

Update on the speech insurance issue is they have denied us again, so we are having to cut back to one day a week and do yet another appeal. Ugh so frustrating I have heard lots of people complaining about United Healthcare as well. Hopefully hubby's company won't use them next year.

Lots to do to get ready for the week and all I want to do is sit around and do nothing.

5 comments:

Jody said...

Glad you got home safely. Sorry about Brae's melt down and your mom not agreeing.I think sometimes our moms (grown up moms) have a hard time letting go and letting you be the parent now. Sometimes they think they really do know better when in some cases things are different now.

Have fun on your week with your friends. :D

Unknown said...

too bad insurance through an insurance company isn't affordable. I know once I graduated from highschool i wasn't on my mom's insurance and went through state farm to get it.

CFC Flames '04 said...

Glad you made it back. :)

If you need ANY help with gluten free stuff just ask. We've been doing it for 5 years now.

Stephanie said...

NICE TO CATCH UP WITH YOU ON YOUR BLOG. Our pool is still green, I hope it clears up before they leave! We use to have United Healthcare and we did not care for it at all!! We have Golden Rule and we have been happy with it. United never covered anything, it seemed. Good luck with it all!

Shawna said...

I am so shocked that you agreed (were abducted?!?) and went camping again. Did anything freeze over and nobody told me?