Sunday, June 22, 2008

Patting on the back

Okay indulge me for a moment I am going to pat myself on the back.

I just ran 3 1/2 miles...ran not walked...ran. I am so excited that I finally did it. I have been working up steadily and last week I heard about a 5k in our area on July 3. I was wavering as before I have been doing a walk/run combo and it took me about 45 minutes to do 3 1/2 miles. This morning 37 minutes running...I know that is still turtle pace but oh wow the adrenaline is definitely pumping that I can do it. A month ago I was barely walking 1 mile. I understand the runner's high for sure. It is very addicting. Since January I have lost 28 pounds and can run 3 1/2 miles not bad for the first 6 months of a year. Okay I know I am patting myself on the back, I am still on my runner's high...LOL. This high will probably fall about the time I try to get out of bed in the morning as I know I pushed it pretty hard today. I still have a lot of work to do before July 3 5k but tomorrow is the deadline for entry and I am going to go ahead and do it. I would like to be at 33 minutes by then.

Also what does it say about me that I had to blog about how I did before I showered...LOL.

6 comments:

Jody said...

Way to go!! That's AWESOME!! Brag way LOL!!! Hey at least we can't smell you on your blog hehe. So blog away :P.

Unknown said...

That shows how excited you are. And well deserved to be, for sure.

I am really proud of you!

Stephanie said...

That is awesome Kel! I am so proud of you and I would be bragging too! It's not like you need something else on your plate but hopefully it is a good stress reliever!

Stacey said...

that rocks!! way to go!

CFC Flames '04 said...

That is WONDERFUL! Way to go Kelli!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! You totally deserve the pat on the back!