Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday - Summer Bag

Participating in Works for Me Wednesday's at Shannons

Summer is busier than ever it also seems to be that time that I am out somewhere and need something. Even if I packed a bag the night before I still inevitably forget something.

So the solution...the Summer Bag.

A plain zippered bag that stays in the car all the time. It's contents are sunscreen, bug spray, sun screen reliever, face sunscreen, children's tylenol, small bottle of wound wash, bandaids, both kids a swimsuit, towels, change of clothes, some non parishable snacks like crackers or fruit snacks. If I use the bag when we are out and about and unexpectidly get invited to swim or something then the bag goes in the house on the middle of the kitchen table and does not get moved till things have been replaced then right back in the back of the car. It works for me!

6 comments:

ellen b. said...

Brilliant. Happy car trips to you!
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

TracyMichele said...

What a terrific idea! I am always forgetting the sun lotion.. and I have very fair children. :( I am definitely adding this to my list of "to do's" this week. Thanks for posting this idea!

Andie said...

I have a "emergency" bag in the back of my van. Just one of those unused diaperbags (I am a purse-aholic, that transfered to diaper bag-aholic when children were born!). In my emergency bag is a change of clothes for the kiddos, animal crackers, hats for the kids, sunscreen, and bug spray. I also have a first aid kit in the car...but no swimsuits! That's a good idea to add!
Blessings-Andie

BarnGoddess said...

good idea, I still keep Wee One's diaper bag in the trunk but...I suppose I cant really call it a diaper bag anymore since it doesnt have diapers in it!

polkadot said...

You know, I have one of these bags and never even thought to add bug spray. Thanks, I'll add it now!!!

Cherie Nelson said...

This is great! I need to do this!