Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday

Joining Shannon for Works For Me Wednesday.

Garage Sales...I love the money from them, love clearing out the junk, hate the prep work.

Here is something I do that helps:

I am always gathering for a yard sale. I always keep a medium size rubbermaid in the house (bottom of coat closet, top shelf of a closet, etc). When the kids try on something and it is too small in it goes, I come across something and think I need to put that in a yard sale, I put it in right then. When the bin is full I take it out and price everything then put the lid on it and out in the garage it goes to await whenever the yard sale is. It helps so much not to wait to the last minute to price things. Having the bin close at hand makes me get rid of more things as well.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I should try that lol with my kids if it doesn't fit they take it off and throw it in the hamper instead of telling me ugh so I wash an already clean garment but also don't know it doesn't fit so I hang it back up lol

Shalee said...

Oh, now that's a good idea. I like the bin already priced part...

Shane H. said...

What a great idea! Our annual neighborhood yard sale is only 2 motnhs away. I'm going to start instead of the weekend before. Thanks.

April said...

I have a large box in my garage where I keep our garage sale items. As I no longer need items I add them to my pile. I have never priced the items as I go along. Wish I would have....I have a huge pile needing to be priced....ahhh. Thanks for the great advice.

Annette said...

Never thought to do that... to price it right a way as well. thanks

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

I use a bin, like you but never thought to price it now. Duh. Great idea, thanks!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

I should do this. I wish I was half as organized as you!