Thursday, February 08, 2007

Tetnus FYI

In case the situation arises where your son steps on a rusty nail going straight through the shoe and into his foot, you need not fear apparently. According to the doctors response to this panicky mom. As long as they are up to date on immunizations you don't have to worry. Unless they are over the age of 12.All you have to do is antibiotic cream and watch for redness and warmth...thank goodness none of that was found. Apparently if he had been older than 12 a tetnus shot would have been required.

But yes my little guy found probably the only nail in a mile radius of our housing development and stepped right on it then pulled it out and came to show me.

I think I freaked out more than he did! All is fine now though!

5 comments:

Shane H. said...

Oh my goodness. Bless his little heart! I would have totally freaked too. Sure glad he's okay.

Unknown said...

wow glad he's okay

The Narcissist said...

eeek! good to know. Glad the little tyke doing well. Kids sure love to see that stress level spike, don't they?

Melissa said...

oh my Kelli! I would have freaked too! Glad everything's okay. I love how he just pulled it out and brought it to you like show and tell,lol.

Melissa

Brighton said...

OUCH! I did that as a kid walking around a construction site.
Glad he's ok!!