Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend wrap up and more Love Dare days

It was a busy weekend. We got and sorted girl scout cookies. Now the fun of delivering..ugh my least favorite part. We had basketball and soccer. Basketball tournament is this week. Brae continues to amaze us with his soccer. Even asking to run extra. He is also so good he told the coach that he could not do the drill where they were using their heads. There are only a few boys on the team that do it as they don't really even want it at this age. I was still proud of him that he knew and talked to the coach (of course we already had). The asking to run extra is so not a Brae thing just shows how much he is loving it.

We all discussed the week doing our Love Dare books during Sunday School. It is interesting to see how different couples are doing the different days and how it is affecting the different couples.

Day 7 LOVE BELIEVES THE BEST - For today's dare, get two sheets of paper. Ont eh first one, spend a few minutes writing out positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and plan for each. At some point during the remainder of the day pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your spouse for having this characteristic.

(A few of the positive attributes I put were how much he loves us, his loyalty and faithfulness, how he helps me around the house even when I am critical of how he does it (I am working on that). His negatives he knows what they are his lack of patience at times and his bad memory. The positives FAR out weigh any negatives)


Day 8 LOVE IS NOT JEALOUS - Determine to become your spouse's biggest fan and to reject and thoughts of jealousy. To help set your heart on your spouse and focus on their achievements, take yesterday's list of negative attributes and discreetly burn it. Then share with your spouse how glad you are about a success he or she recently enjoyed.

(I hadn't printed out the list so I deleted it off the computer. One thing this study is really helping me with is showing me how much those little negative thoughts can cause issues. There are so many areas which I think he is successful including the kids but one that relates to business is what I am going to share. Hubby's annual review was recently and his company has a hiring freeze and so we weren't expecting much but he received almost the top raise available. I thought that was great because everyone is cutting back and I thought it showed a lot that he still got such a high review. Of course I am proud in a million areas!)


Tomorrow is our day 9 but I wanted to go ahead and post it because the kids and I will be gone all day tomorrow to home school day at the capital.

Day 9 LOVE MAKES GOOD IMPRESSIONS Think of a specific way you'd like to greet your spouse today. Do it with a smile and enthusiasm. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for them.

0 comments: