Friday, August 29, 2008

12 minutes

I DID IT! I reached one of my goals. Still lots more goals but I finally broke a mile in 12 minutes. I know that is still slow with other runners but for me that is a good number. I figured out my strategy for November and I need to run all my miles in 11-14 minutes each. That would have me running for an hour and half. Also if I can keep up the 12 minutes miles for the shorter 5K in September I would break my personal record for 5K's. Just felt so good to do that this morning of course after I did it I was too wiped to finish my whole workout so I am dividing it up today but I made it so I am going with that feeling and will work up to being able to do all the miles at the higher pace. My normal pace is about 14-15 minutes which I know 3 minutes doesnt seem like a lot but it is when you are running. So patting myself on the back and will get out there in the morning and see if I can do it for a little longer.

7 comments:

Jody said...

That is great to hear Kel!!! You can do it :).

Unknown said...

Congrads!

Unknown said...

yeah way to go

CFC Flames '04 said...

That's great Kelli! Way to go!! :)

Shane H. said...

Way to go!! That's an awesome accomplishment!!!

The Sweet Life said...

Keep up the good work!

Stephanie said...

Awesome! I need to get more motivated!