Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday...Christmas Candy Cakes


This is a great easy gift for secretaries at the school, nurses, aides, teachers, etc. I buy two small flat round styrofoam (they come in a two pack at our dollar store). I hot glue them together. Then I buy either suckers, or decorations that I can stick into the top, fun Christmas candy, you can add bows, etc. Basically uou just start hot glueing candy around the sides first (I like the mini candy bars or Andes mints for this), then sometimes I put lollipops around the top (kids can help with this part), then I hot glue kisses on the top, stick in the suckers or decoations, add bows. Waala a cute and unique gift, that looks more expensive than it is (if you bought one from a candy bouqet it would be ridiculous). And the receiver of the gift can eat the candy right off the cake (of course most think it is so cute they don't want to eat it.



6 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

those are cool looking!

Unknown said...

That is very cute. I've not seen it before. I'm always looking for new ideas for all the extra gifts we need to buy. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am SO doing this!! Thank you!!!

Mom2fur said...

Wow, those are amazing!

Rae said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing =)

Unknown said...

I will be getting with you the beginning of december for more directions on this. I think that's a great Idea and will do one for the school. Kaylie can take it into the office for everyone to enjoy.