Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Turkey is in the oven. As soon as Matt gets up I will have him go get me a paper so I can spread all the sales out in front of me. Then I will see if there is anything good enough to motivate me out of bed early in the morning. Just going to be small dinner today hubby, the kids and myself as well as my brother and his girlfriend (feels weird to refer to her as his girlfriend since she is almost 20 years older than him...but oh well she is nice enough). The kids main request was mashed potatos so that is easy enough, making a few more things but not going all out this year. A friend of mine brought over rolls and two pies last night because she knew how tired we would be just getting home. All in all set to be a good Thanksgiving and we have so very much to be thankful for this year! Blessings all around us!

5 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

mashed potatos Yummy and easy. Ive got mine peeled and ready to go.

Oh my! 20 years huh? do tell!

I have a similar situation in my hubby's family. His youngest brother who is 36yo is dating, well now they are living together a 21 yo girl. They started dating when she was 18 yo.

It was a bit awkward when she was not legal age to drink and just plain wierd feeling! Maybe its just me........

kel said...

My brother is 25 and she is 45....but let's see brother is a complete bum and doesn't work at all and she supports him...so let's see what he sees in her...hmmmm. She is actually very nice, and I like her better than I do my brother, but they both showed up, she didn't bring the pies she was suppose to bring, said my brother ate them. They stayed for exactly 45 minutes and left.

Jody said...

Yea, I know how awkward it can be. My brother is now married to woman who is 16 years older than he is and 9 years older than I am. So having my younger brother married to someone older than his big sis is a little awkard LOL. But I do have to say she is a very nice person and is good for my brother. She also doesn't look as old as she is so I think that helps me not think of it so much too.

Unknown said...

Mom and dad went all out. lol so much food it wouldn't all fit on the plate lol even when I put a little dab on of each on the plate. Happy Thanksgiving

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed at great turkey day at my in-laws. I didn't have to cook a thing! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!