Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday - Fun Thanksgiving Food

I make a centerpiece with my food for Thanksgiving.



Cornicopia ---- THis is really simplier than it looks and is always a talked about item. Instead of a boring veggie plate...take aluminum foil and shape it to a cornicopia, fill it with balled up aluminum foil so it will keep it's shape. Then spray it with cooking spray and using breadsticks wrap around the foil, bake in the oven on 400 till lightly browned. Let cool fill with fresh veggies and put some dip on the side.

Bread Bowl with dip --- Take a round loaf of bread and hollow out place for dip bowl. Then take a small roll attach with toothpick at front for head. Slice a roll for wings (attach with toothpicks) the feathers are zuchini and yellow squash anf carrots cut in feather shapes, for the waddle I cut a piece of red bell pepper, and raisin eyes.



Turkey Cheese Ball - Make my cheese ball as normal, pretzels for the feet, on the back I used pretzel sticks and put on cheese cube, tomato and olive but it might be easier to use long tooth picks or cut down kabob sticks. For the feather appearance half almonds stuck in all over cheeseball, The head is a little trickier you have to cut the craker down and the cut a shape of red bell pepper. I just used black decorating icing for eyes because no one eats that cracker anyway.

Turkey Cookies - I use choc almond bark to attach pieces. I used a almond drop candy for the body (easily found around holidays) attach candy corns to feathers and head.

6 comments:

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

those are pretty neat must take alot of time

Carrie said...

love them!! i can't wait for my office luncheon so i can bring a turkey cheese ball. thanks for the great ideas!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

how cool!

I think I am going to try the cornicpia one :)

Melissa said...

these are totally amazing Kelli!! I love to do stuff like this! Thanks!

Melissa

Susanne said...

How incredibly creative you are!

Unknown said...

Again why aren't you a caterer?