Friday, November 17, 2006

Family

Being in Texas with Braden, and his treatments I have gotten tons of phone calls. My parents call daily, another aunt calls every other, another aunt about once a week, and friends daily. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but not once has hubby's family called me, I know he calls and updates them from time to time. But they make no effort they don't call me, I shouldnt be suprised, but I was. Here there grandson, nephew, etc is having radiation and other treatments and they don't want to say hi to him on the phone, not send a card, nothing. There is no love loss between Matt's mom and myself, but I am always polite and when she had knee surgery took her meals daily. I know I am rambling but it just ticks me off. Then they will ask why don't you come over (they cant drive the 10 minutes to our house apparently the road only goes from our house to theirs not vice versa). Hubby and I have had some knock down drag outs in the past but I finally realized it does us no good, so I am polite and I ignore it, and I dont bring it up. But this has pissed me off. Then they try to lay a guilt trip on me for not seeing the kids often, or that the kids prefer to go with my parents. No duh my parents (not perfect by any means and I have a whole other set of issues with them) make an effort with their grandkids, they work with them, they make the kids feel important. Okay this is my I am the first one up before going to the doctors and needed to vent post.

5 comments:

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

Oh ! Honey i would be pisseed to no return he needs them all right now every happy phone call helps they need to get their heads out of where they do not belong and think about B. He is the important thing right now i hope it all works out ((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you. I'd be totally ticked off too! You tell your little guy that if I had your number I'd be calling to check up on him! I hope he's doing okay. I'm praying for him daily.

kel said...

Thanks guys! I needed those comments. Had a long talk with hubby about the situation today too and that helped. Believe me I am saving comments about Braden, and definetly all that are on his blog, I save people's names that are praying, etc. He is going to have a huge scrapbook to look back on when he gets older.

BarnGoddess_01 said...

I dont blame you one bit!

especially when Braden needs support, and LOTS of it.

I think about y'all many times thru out the day, sending you positive thoughts :)

Unknown said...

Well this is just my opinion but I say if they can't put forth the effort why should you. Just shows you are the bigger person when you do though. Still my mil can be like that. Kaylie when two was admitted to the hospital for the flu and had to stay 3 days not once did this woman attempt to come and see her. Bruce said she called a couple times but I know if it had been her grandson Byron she would have been there in a heartbeat. That kid attached to her butt literally and her favorite grandkid which I don't think is right but you get the idea. So I can completely understand why you are pizzed.