Tuesday, July 17, 2007

2:00 am

In continuing with the anniversary theme...I thought I would share the story of how hubby and I met...

2:00 am. Hospital cafeteria. We both worked nights (him an XRay tech, and myself as a monitor tech in ICU. My friend Dar and I were going to get something to eat before the cafeteria closed for the night. As we were entering some guy in scrubs cuts in front of us and says something that I didn't quite get about beating us, I guess he was trying to be cute.

I rolled my eyes at Dar. He ends up right in front of us in line and trying to make small talk, whatever I was not impressed. Of course it is the night that the line is unbelivably long. As we are waiting I am chatting to Dar and she sees our boss so decides she better get back upstairs since we had left a trainnee alone. So I end up in line by annoying guy. He starts talking to me about the upcoming fair and asks if I am going. I am like yeah I am taking my brothers. He asks if I need any help?...WHAT?

I end up stumbling through something and get mine and Dar's food and head back to the monitor room. I go through the door griping at Dar because she left me alone and that weirdo asked me out. I went on and on about it. Of course even back then I was a softie who couldn't hurt anyone's feelings so I agreed to go out with him. Thinking one date wouldn't kill me and it would give me someone to talk to that wasn't 12 years old! The whole week before the date I am telling Dar that she would be responsible when they found my body, since she had left me down in the cafeteria by myself.

Fast forward to date night. We had spoke on the phone a few times. We meet and go to the fairgrounds, my brother (who at the time was 12), his best friend who was like a brother, and a little girlfriend of theirs. My brothers made fun of him and just thought he was such a nerd. But I kinda started thinking he was cute, and he was definetly sweet. So I agreed to a date the next night without the brothers as chaperones. Well the rest is history 10 months later we were married...and now celebrating our 12 year anniversary...but even hubby will admit he was kinda a nerd when I met him, maybe still is but now I am so head over hills crazy and have been since a few weeks after meeting him that I could care less!

Also funny part is I had just moved back home with my parents and had lived in an apartment two apartments from him, and the landlord was going to set us up. But my apartment was broken into and I got scared and went home quick. Of course I didn't know she was going to set us up. Hubby and I figured it out after we had gotten together and were talking. So it was fate one way or another I was suppose to meet hubby!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Asking you out was the best question possible. Little did I know. : )

BarnGoddess said...

it was meant to be!

good story :)

Jennifer said...

Love your story! I'll have to post ours sometime...about our meeting in court. :)

kel said...

Jennifer - yep a court story must be posted!