Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ticked Off and needing to vent

Dear Hubby I know you read my blog but you might not want to read this because I am ticked and need to vent! So here goes...

I love my hubby and we have a really good marriage but sometimes I want to kill him. Luckily those times are pretty rare. I cannot remember EVER being as mad at him as I was last night. (I am sure I have been but I just cant remember) Okay here goes...

For several months hubby has been wanting to put some new insulation down in the attic of the house. That is fine, last week he checked on the prices. He mentioned over the weekend wanting to do it this week, I pointed out one that it is hot and not the best season for it and two why cant he wait till he gets back from his business trip that will take him out of town all next week.

I worked yesterday filling in for a friend, so I wasn't home to stop the chaos or talk sense into dear hubby. I get in at 4:30 and he has gotten the machine from Lowe's and all of that. I have a homeschool meeting and will be gone so Matt is going to have the kids help him that is fine. Well I was naive I had no idea what was entailed in this process and I know for a FACT now that hubby didn't either.

I come home at 10pm the garage door is partially raised, Braden is in tears (both him and Britt have masks on and are covered in dust). Both kids eyes are red (they did not have on safety goggles. I was ticked the house was BEYOND a mess besides the garage being covered in insulation, it was tracked in the house, all my yardsale stuff I have been working on including our old couch and loveseat...all covered in insulation. On top of all the shelves....hubby comes down out of the attic and I lose it I am ticked. I get Braden get him a shower, benedryl and in bed. Then Brittney. Who also shows me that part of her bedroom ceiling now has a nice long crack in it (another reason to thank hubby for this project).

I then go out and start shoveling the bricks of insulation into the machine to keep hubby from having to get out of the attic...it was awful, all I could think was he had the kids out doing this. I got more and more ticked. Not once did he apologize or admit that he didn't put enough thought into this, or that it could have waited.

I admit that the house will stay cooler I am sure and that it will benefit, but it did not have to be done right then, and he should have researched and figured out more what was entailed, and when he realized how bad it was deposit or no he should have started looking for some help besides the kids.

This morning I was still ticked after getting to bed at 12:30 and I was going to do some office work so that I could be home the rest of the week with the kids. I got up and left. Feeling awful, I HATE fighting with hubby...so I finally decided heck with it I would call him (my plan was not to speak to him again..EVER..I know that probably wouldnt work but it was my plan). I called still no apology, he did get the machine returned and so on. But he does not see why I am still mad. I could choke him I want a dang acknowledgement that he screwed up and an apology. I plan on going and getting the kids something special today since they were such good helpers for their dad last night while I was at the meeting, but hubby honestly doesn't see that he screwed up.

Ugh husbands!

Okay that is my vent, I am sure we will talk it out (yell it out) and he will eventually see that he screwed up and that I want an acknowledgment of that and then I will feel better. I don't care if that makes me sound witchy or not, if I screw up and it gets pointed out and I see my error then I am going to acknowledge and talk and apologize. Ugh sorry started venting again.

Good news that I haven't been able to post yet about is that I got new living room furniture...I will post pics after I get the entertainment center and sofa table, right now the couch, loveseat, chair and ottoman are in the living room and I love it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg I can soooo see that mess and the poor kiddos and you coming home to that. Did you build him a dog house.