Sunday, November 16, 2008

Marathon!

I made. I did the Quarter Marathon in Tulsa today. 7 miles. I did it in just under an hour and half.

Lots of pics. My friend Stephanie went too, she did a different race (She finished top 10 in hers so major CONGRATS to her.) Her two kids and mine did the kids marathon which was 1.2 miles. I have already been looking up more races for us to do in the Spring! I think I have Stephanie hooked now. It was so cold starting out. We laughed seeing people in trashbags keeping warm. What amazed me is the people throwing their clothes away literally they had on jackets, gloves etc and got hot and just tossed them aside. Apparently homeless people were picking them up. I was like eek that race gear is way too expensive. I didn't layer and it was cold at first but I was glad I hadn't. Before races started we were freezing, they had solar blankets available to keep you warm.








9 comments:

Unknown said...

You did awesome!

Another Suburban Mom said...

Congratulations. I am very proud of you!

Now you have already worked off all your holiday calories!

Unknown said...

Yeah so glad you did it. Yippee great work

Jody said...

That is awesome!! CONGRAT'S!!!! Now if only I could get my butt in gear LOL.

Stephanie said...

I love it! I am so proud of you and thanks for inspiring me! On to the next one!

Stacey said...

Awesome!!

CFC Flames '04 said...

Way to go guys! All of you!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations, Kelli! I am really impressed. :-) Another friend of ours ran in the half marathon in Tulsa yesterday...and showed up for church last night! I'm feeling very much like a slug at the moment. ;-)

Your comment about having school between servings of Thanksgiving dinner had me ROFL. I'll be right there with you! :-D

Life at the Lake said...

Way to go Kelli! What an accomplishment. I am so proud of the kids for running the kid's marathon too!!!!