Monday, May 01, 2006

Wouldnt have been a get together without a scene

Saturday was a get together with the inlaws. We knew none of them would make the effort to go to Braden's birthday party so we set up a mini party celebrating Braden's birthday and our nephew Ryan whose birthday is 2 days before Braden's.
We decided on a 9am trip to Chuckee Cheese. I picked the place Crazy SIL picked the time and then they were about 45 minutes late.

The get together was going off just fine...until....the present time.

MIL...which by the way it is about killing me to defend MIL...but this time I have to. MIL got out her presents for the kids she gave both Ryan and Braden $20.00 plus a small present. Then according to Crazy SIL she committed the most henious crime ever.....she gave the other two kids Brittney and Ryan's little brother Sammy who is only 2 a present.

No big deal right....well Crazy SIL went off. She just got all pissed off with all the how dare she give the other kids a present when it wasnt their birthday and on and on. It was a mess, then Crazy went off on Matt's brother for not telling his mother off about the gifts.

Luckily the kids were so distracted with Chuckee Cheese games they went off right after they got their loot and didn't witness the scene.

It just reaffirms why I am so glad that we basically see the inlaws 3 times a year.

4 comments:

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

my grandparents always did that until I was about 8 I think for me with my brother so she is crazy!

kel said...

I do it with my kids. This Friday is Braden's birthday and I will give Brittney a little something not too much but just a little something I call it the good big sister gift and when it's her birthday Braden gets the good little brother gift. SIL is just crazy and has to have something to make a scene over.

Unknown said...

OMG its a grandparent thing. I don't think my parents do it though but bruce's mom does. just like when we were kids my mom's parents did that but my dad's parents didn't. But like you said she is crazy lol

Brighton said...

Relatives, that's all I can say.