Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Frustrating

As expected BIL and SIL are treating this week that we have their kids like a vacation. It was intended for them to get their doctor appointments, therapy, job hunt, etc. But when I finally got in touch with them last night they had done no job hunting, no appointments till Friday and had went to rent movies and shop at WalMart. UGH! The boys are doing so good for us. I am proud of them. A fact I will show today with bringing home a special treat. Brittney is doing so good with them but she had a few tears last night. Bless both my kids hearts I know it isn't easy to suddenly throw in two kids. I have been amazed at what the boys don't know...amazed and frustrated beyond belief that a little boy who turns 5 in a few weeks does not know his colors, how to write his name same for his brother that is 10 months younger. They did really well with school work yesterday and have adapted to our rules pretty easily. What is really sad is that they aren't asking about their mom or dad. Not at all, not when do we go back, or can we talk to them, nope not at all in fact when I specifically asked them if they wanted to call and tell them good night they said no. Ugh....suppose to give them back Friday evening...going to kill me to have to do it. I am hoping to help the parents get some things into place to help them, but I know they wont follow through which makes it double frustrating.

3 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

yes, that does sound frustrating.

How sad the boys arent even asking for their folks. Something isnt right about that...

Hang in there, your doing a good thing that those 2 boys will NOT forget. They are lucky to have you and your family.

Unknown said...

That totally sucks they aren't taking anything serious ugh

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

wow I bet you are your end right now i hope they snap put ofit so.